Checklist of Teaching Points for Sideline P&R
- Dribbler needs to engage defender-get him/her below level of the screen
- Dribbler needs to bump defender right before they go off the ball screen to create separation. “Initiate Contact to Separate!”
- Go shoulder to hip past the screener .
- Attack the high foot or “ankle” of the defender showing. “Must be low to absorb the contact”
- Attack when the defender’s meet on the recovery. “See their back-ATTACK!”
- Go 2 dribbles off the screen to create space and to draw help defense.
Here's another video in the the training series. This one works primarily on court vision, something that's a must for every player, whether you're a big man or a point guard. Remember these training videos are free for now, but soon will be a part of our membership program here at GoodsonBasketball.com
Why do Tennis Ball Drills?
1. Improves Court Vision
2. Improves Ball Quickness
3. Reinforces having an active off hand to protect the basketball.
Hey guys, just wanted to check in and share with you my new video. It's footage from the Stephen Curry Skills Academy and the Appalachian State Team Camp. I thought our producer did nice work with this to really capture the feeling of our program here at Goodson Basketball. Hope you guys enjoy it!
Thanks for watching! I'll be checking back in soon with a new video in the training series that will focus on tennis ball training and court vision. See you then!